Recently Opened | Opening Soon | Opening Sometime in the Future | Still on Our Radar | Closed Restaurants | More Food News
- IndoChine, vegan Asian Fusion/Korean cuisine in SF’s Mission district
- Seed + Salt in the Marina district of SF, emphasizing organic, gluten-free vegan cuisine without refined sugar and trans fats
- Shizen Vegan Sushi Bar & Izakaya, vegan Japanese cuisine, in SF’s Mission district
- Veggie Grill in Walnut Creek had its official Grand opening on Wedn, January 14th. The line was out the door and down the block for launch of its 27th restaurant in this vegan fast casual chain of salads, sandwiches and entrees. They invited BAVeg to their soft opening on Tuesday, and it was a lot of fun to attend and to share it with several others from BAVeg. (If you missed the announcement, it was posted on our FB page as well as our yahoogroups mailing list SFBAVeg)
VG pro-tip: Join their loyalty program and your receipts will earn you rewards (i.e. food). (Want to show the editors of this blog some love? Use our referral code “2y2lz” when you download the app and we’ll get 50 points when you first use it and upload a receipt.)
- Opening in the next few weeks: Nourish Cafe in San Francisco’s Richmond district
OPENING SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE
- Singapore-based vegan fast food brand VeganBurg is expanding into the United States. It has leased a long-vacant storefront in San Francisco’s Haight district. There is no published information on an opening date. Source: Hoodline
- Veggie Grill in Campbell – estimated opening March 2015
- Millennium’s executive chef & co-owner, Eric Tucker, along with Alison Bagby, General Manager, will be launching a new restaurant venture after Millennium closes. They are researching potential sites and while they haven’t ruled out SF, they are leaning towards the East Bay.
STILL ON OUR RADAR for opening this year. If you have the scoop, please share!
- The Butcher’s Son, a vegan deli, in Berkeley
- Citizen Fox, a vegan brew pub in SF
- retail store for Miyoko’s Creamery in Fairfax
- The Bay Area is losing one of it’s landmark vegan restaurants. In an announcement that caused ripples throughout the community, the iconic Millennium Restaurant said it’s last day open will be April 30th. A combination of factors (i.e. losing their current space and the principal owners, Ann & Larry Wheat retiring) has led to this decision.
MORE FOOD NEWS ROUNDUP
- IB’s Hoagies & Cheesesteaks in Berkeley now offers a vegan hoagie using Freja’s Foods Organic Seitan.
- This spring, IKEA will offer vegan meatballs at their stores. Will you try them? Source: Huffington Post
- ALL of the “Thin Mint” Girl Scout cookies are now vegan. Source: COK
Anything else? TELL US!!
Photo Credits: Brandi Woods, Shizen, Clyde Lerner, Ingmar Sciortino