Original Event Notes:
Have a Heart, Go Veg Leafleting!
The Top Ten Reasons to Leaflet
10. Ignore everything your mother said - talk to strangers
9. Practice your best pick up lines
8. Get free Vitamin D
7. Impress Alex so she'll give you a reference for a job at PETA
6. Meet others who want to make a difference in the world
5. Give people life-saving information
4. Turn your good intentions into action
3. Get out of the house and away from the computer
2. Converting a meat-eater to veg*nism is cheaper than giving birth to one
1. There's always vegan food afterwards.*
We are doing public outreach in San Francisco, starting at the popular cable car turnaround near Powell and proceeding to an outdoor theatre event at Yerba Buena Garden.
Starting Location: Powell and Market, by the ticket booth for the cable cars.
BART or Muni: Powell Station.
Starting Time: Noon, sharp! Please plan on arriving a few minutes early.
Leafleting time: Approximately 60-90 minutes
RSVP: Please click on my name above to RSVP, please include your cellphone # and I will confirm all RSVPs with my cellphone.
-Please indicate "YES" if you are a definite, or a "Maybe" if you are interested but not sure.
-RSVPs are important because we need accurate RSVPs to forecast how much literature to bring.
Also needed: If you're not sure about leafleting and just want to check it out, volunteer to be our event Photographer as we make history and save animal lives.
Vegan Food: After leafleting, we'll enjoy good food & fellowship over vegan vittles at one of SF's vegetarian restaurants
--If you can't attend the dining out, then just join us for the leafleting. If you can't make the leafleting, we'll be doing this another time, so maybe you can join us then.
Important Leafleting cirumstances are dynamic, and we may change locations or leafleting routes spontaneously. So it's important to meet at the starting location promptly. We encourage taking public transit when possible and allow yourself a few extra minutes so you're at our start point by the designated time.