FAQFAQ   Search ForumSearch Forum   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF Pride 6/23-24, 2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tammy
Vegan Hobbit / Mentor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: SF Pride 6/23-24, 2007 Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for your interest!

See http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/2007/07/01/vegpride_2007 for 2007 recap.

I am happy to announce that Bay Area Vegetarians will again host an display and table to promote a plant-based diet with information, recipes, free membership, and more!

This is our 5th successive year being a voice for the animals at one of the largest Pride celebrations.

All the tabling shifts are filled - thank you!! We can still use your help to leaflet, or to be a backup in case a tabling shift becomes available.

Event Date - Sat 6/23 and Sun 6/24
Location - Civic Center, San Francisco

Leafleting

Make your own schedule, from 1 hour to 4 to all day!
Festival peak times are 1-5, with Sunday being the busier of the two days
PARADE leafleting is awesome if you're an early person and can leaflet BEFORE the parade starts as you've got a sitting audience just waiting for the parade

If you coordinate with us in advance, if transportation permits, we'll provide literature (typically Why Vegans, Even if You Like Meat, and a selection of other leaflets).

Volunteer Today!

Please email Tammy to volunteer - click on link below
http://www.bayareaveg.org/rsvp.htm?id=1318

If you have a preference, please let me know. Or, if you have a flexible schedule, even better so I can most effectively schedule volunteers.

Information to include - name, cell phone #, and any shift preferences.

I will provide my cell phone # to all volunteers so we can communicate if necessary on the day of the event.

If you're new to advocacy or veganism, that's perfectly fine, just let me know when you volunteer so I can make sure we have the right staffing level at the booth at all times.

Please note: If you're volunteering for set-up or tabling, please triple-check that your schedule will allow you to work the shift that you're volunteering for. These are very important tasks and last-minute cancellations or no-shows can be a big problem for us.

We need help with transportation, setup, tabling, leafleting, and takedown

Transportation, setup/takedown do not require any special skills. For tabling, we are looking for volunteers who are committed to veganism (i.e. are vegan or are working towards transitioning to vegan) and knowledgeable about factory farming issues. For leafleting, you should also be familiar but don't necessarily need to be as knowledgeable plus you can refer individuals to the booth.

I will update the list of tabling shifts as appropriate; if marked "filled", that means some one has already signed-up for that shift. If the times don't exactly work for you, let me know, as adjustments are possible. Green highlights are open shifts.
Transportation - filled

Normally we use our personal Caravan to transport 2 tables, battery cage chicken display, boxes and boxes of literature, posters, banners, chairs, etc. However, alas, our old Caravan is no longer running .....

SO, if you have a TRUCK or a VAN, and could help with transporting information on BOTH DAYS, you will truly be a VEGGIE IMPORTANT PERSON and critical to the success of this event.

You could either drop off the stuff and then return later in the evening to pick it up. OR, we will pay for parking and your vehicle can stay onsite to be loaded at the end of each day.

Tabling

Saturday June 23rd

Transportation/driver/unload 8:30 - 9:15 am

Setup 8:30 am - 11 am (filled)

Tabling:
11 am to 3 pm (filled/D)
1-5 pm (filled/W)
2:30-6:30 pm (incl 30 min takedown)(filled,P)

Takedown/load car: 6-6:30 (filled)

Sunday June 24th

Setup 8:30 am - 11 am (filled)

Tabling:
11 am to 3 pm(filled,K)
1-5 pm (filled/J, D)
3 -7:30 pm (filled/A,M)

Tabling/leaflet - must be comfortable leafleting or tabling as needed
12-4 pm (filled, M)

Takedown/load car 7-7:30 (filled)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BAV Forum Index -> BAVeg Outreach/Education All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: