FAQFAQ   Search ForumSearch Forum   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

07/22 Pig Who Sang to the Moon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tammy
Vegan Hobbit / Mentor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: 07/22 Pig Who Sang to the Moon Reply with quote

This month's selection is The Pig Who Sang to the Moon by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson. This non-fiction book is about animals who typically live on a farm -- cows, chickens, sheep, goats, pigs, ducks, geese, etc. In it, Masson has compiled and shared interesting stories and observations of these animals as they relate to each other, and ultimately to us. It gave me a deeper understanding and appreciation for the emotions and feelings of animals. I'd definitely put this book on my recommended reading list!

You can read more reviews, and longer reviews, on Amazon

What: Book Discussion: The Pig Who Sang to the Moon (new date)
Where: SF (MaggieMudd)
When: 7/22/06 Saturday, 3:00 pm
Host: Tammy and Chris
RSVP: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/sfbaveg@yahoo.com/pigwhosang

Full Details: http://www.bayareaveg.org/events.php?EID=1060#1060

FYI, the documentary film "Emotional World of Farm Animals" chronicles Masson as he researched farm animals for this book. Animal Place, a local sanctuary in Vacaville, was prominently featured in the documentary. BAV has screened the film, and has an upcoming tour of Animal Place.

So far the RSVPs for this one have been very light. Had alot more interest for the first book, Animal Liberation. Not sure if this is an indication for THIS selection, or for the veg/AR topic as a whole ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BAV Forum Index -> BAVeg Book Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: