FAQFAQ   Search ForumSearch Forum   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new people interested in The Vegan Book Club

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: new people interested in The Vegan Book Club Reply with quote

The Vegan Book Club is full, even though we occasionally have one or more spaces open for certain meetings.

If you are interested in participating in the BAVeg book clubs, I ask that you consider forming your own section.

There are 2 sections so far, ours reading fiction and occasionally general non-fiction and another section that reads vegetarian & animal rights books.

Please post here, in this thread. Also, in order to reach more people, it's important to send an email with your proposal to the Bay Area Vegetarians email list:

sfbaveg@yahoogroups.com

I think that there is plenty of interest to form a third section of the club. The Vegan Book Club has several people who are either on the waiting list or have expressed interest in joining.

If any interested person does try to start a new book club section, I will refer all those people and those making future inquiries, to the new section.

Thanks very much for your interest. The book club meetings are interesting and enjoyable. And Bay Area Vegetarians is a great group, and all the events are run by members, including these book clubs.
tammy
Vegan Hobbit / Mentor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to add that organizing and participating in an activity like this is a wonderful way to meet new folks and enjoy vegan food while exchanging ideas and thoughts about the book just read.

It does not take a lot of time to coordinate and is very rewarding.

Quote:
Bay Area Vegetarians is a great group

I agree Laughing
Communikate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: South Bay chapter of Vegan Book Club? Anyone interested? Reply with quote

Hi,

I would be very interested in starting/joining a South Bay chapter of the vegan book club. I live in San Jose and love to read. I was thinking it would be much like the original chapter. We could meet in different restaurants and discuss the chosen book as well as food, recipe ideas and more. I am open to ideas/discussion

Katherine Smile
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: re starting a new book club chapter in the south bay Reply with quote

Hi Katherine,

That is great!

Well, the first thing I did was think of some general things I wanted (such as meeting at veg*n restaurants, having everyone helping choose the books, limiting the group to 10 or fewer people.) You can have your own criteria/ideas. Specify the South Bay areas you'd like to meet.

Then, the best thing to do is email the list at sfbaveg@yahoogroups.com and state your proposal with a return email address. Keep a list of names w/ their email addresses until you get enough people to form a good size group. Either choose the first book and meeting place or ask for ideas. You can do group emails with reply to all. You probably will want to cc Tammy and if you 'd like you can cc me too, and we can help.

Or you can do things how you want. But the best way to get members is via that email list. I started looking for members in August/September 2005 and our first meeting (even though I think people were ready a couple of months before) was 01/06.

Ask any questions you'd like of Tammy, I, other forum and list members.

It's a really fun activity for book lovers and vegan food lovers!

Best wishes with getting something going.

Lisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not take a lot of time to coordinate and is very rewarding.
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaoxian, Have you created and led a similar group?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BAV Forum Index -> BAVeg Book Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: