FAQFAQ   Search ForumSearch Forum   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/22/06 meeting: The Kite Runner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: 1/22/06 meeting: The Kite Runner Reply with quote

Hi,

If we have up to 10 participants we can meet at Shangri-La, Millennium (yes I know it's expensive!), and possibly Café Gratitude. If we have 4, or even up to 6, we can probably meet at any veg*n restaurant. We'll meet at 5:00 for early dinners to accompany our discussions on the Sundays scheduled.

We have a reservation for 10 people at Shangi-La on Sunday, 1/22 at 5:00 for an early dinner. We'll order our dinners by 5:30.

If you think you will need transportation help from a BART station or bus stop, please let us know and we'll try to arrange transportation help.

To RSVP please go to

http://www.bayareaveg.org/events.htm?EID=1015#1015

and follow the easy directions.

If you've signed up to participate in a meeting and you find that you will be unable to attend, please let us know so that your spot will be free for someone else.

Thanks so much. Lisa

RSVPs for 1/22/06 (FULL):

1. Lisa H.
2. Rachel
3. Abi
4. Emily
5. Peggy
6. MaryAnne
7. Kristin
8. Monica
9. Ken
10. Smruti

waiting list:

In addition to discussing the novel The Kite Runner, please bring ideas for books and meeting places for our 3/26 meeting.

The people who attend the 1/22 meeting will have priority for spaces for the 3/26 meeting.
tammy
Vegan Hobbit / Mentor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just saw that the author is going to be at an event at the San Mateo Performing Arts Center 10/19 @ 7:30 pm - free & open to the public

Apparently it's a library program where all the libraries are reading the same book (at least in my county)

http://www.plsinfo.org/features/oboc.htm
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: re Kite Runner author 10/19 in San Mateo Reply with quote

Thanks Tammy. Will let current book club members know via email and at our next meeting on 9/24. It was a book most of us enjoyed. Lisa
JasonGawker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: book Reply with quote

hey, that's a really wonderful idea! i loved the book, and i will definitely love the book club. Smile haha, i got one question: can people outside the bay area come too? how does it work? is there a special place to sign up? my little tip is, by the way, is to go here and find the book at a really cheap price. this goes of course for people who haven't read it Smile

Very Happy Jason
LHLisavegan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

I did not click on your link.

The book club meeting you responded to took place over 2 years ago.

And I'm sorry to say, that at least for now, the book club is full.

For new people interested in the BAVeg Vegan Book Club, I direct them to this post:

http://www.bayareaveg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=866

The Food for Thought Book Club, also a BAVeg book club, often has spaces for their meetings. The meetings take place in the San Francisco Bay Area.

http://www.bayareaveg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=789

These are not online discussions but actual meetings.

Just fyi.

Thanks for your interest. The book clubs are a lot of fun and a way to meet interesting people, discuss a book, and enjoy delicious vegan food.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BAV Forum Index -> BAVeg Book Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: