We had an amazing & awesome first day at the BAVeg SF LGBT Pride booth!! A huge number of folks interested in veg*nism came by for their Free Veg Starter Kit, and sampled delicious coconut milk ice cream samples and meatless jerky.
I’m really looking forward to Day 2, Sunday. We’ll again have the BAVeg booth (we’re on Larkin in front of the Asian Art Museum), and will also be doing some leafleting to the crowd who are standing around and waiting for the Parade to start ( for those watching the parade, look for the EBAA veg contingent!)
For now, I’ve uploaded a few of the photos that I took of our booth, and there will be more to come that the other volunteers have taken.
Our entirely all-volunteer crew made this day possible. I am privileged to have collaborated with such a dedicated group of fellow veg*ns on our outreach booth.
Let’s give them all a virtual big hand of applause:
– Michelle, Dan, George and myself did the setup
– Heidi and Donna staffed the veg booth
– Heidi was also busy taking photographs, and Donna made the most amazing vegan goodies for the booth volunteers
– Michelle and Dan gave out information & stickers galore
– Mila and Mike organized the hugely popular ice cream samples (dry ice is amazing)
– Chris designed the new banners that had people walking over to the booth asking for their Free Veg Starter Kit
We also owe thanks to:
– Turtle Mountain and Primal Spirit Foods for So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Sandwiches and Primal Strips donations, respectively, distributed to booth visitors
– PCRM, PETA and Vegan Outreach generously donated literature
– Individuals who donated in response to our plea, which so far partially cover our expenses for Pride
BAVeg will be back at SF LGBT Pride all day Sunday . Our info booth is on Larkin, right in front of the Asian Art Museum Come by and say hello, and grab some literature for you or a friend 🙂