We are posting this at the request of Animal Place. As Kim said in her email to us, “We are moving up to Grass Valley in April, so the new manager will be instrumental in moving the animals and setting up new animal care procedures. It is an exciting time for Animal Place and they will be a part of it all!”
Please contact Kim (info below) directly about this job opening. Thank you!
Animal Care Manager
Resident, live-in position
Organization description: Animal Place is a sanctuary for farmed animals and education center for the public. It operates two facilities – a permanent sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA and an adoption center in Vacaville, CA. The headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, CA. The adoption center, Rescue Ranch, is on 60-acres in Vacaville, CA (90 miles south/west of Grass Valley).
Job Title: Animal Care Manager for Grass Valley sanctuary.
1. Supervise animal caregiver staff, volunteers and interns
2. Oversee all animal husbandry (health checks, medications, veterinary care)
3. Assist with all aspects of animal care (cleaning barns, raking pastures, feeding animals)
4. Help with all miscellaneous farm chores
5. Fill in during animal rescues and emergencies
6. Manage inventory and ordering of animal feed, bedding, medical supplies, etc.
7. Maintain and update animal database and animal care manual
8. Assist with volunteer training classes and orientations
9. Help with other sanctuary tasks as needed (e.g. farm tours, information tabling)
10. Represent Animal Place at conferences and events